2015-2016 will be the start of my 7th year in teaching. For the past 6 years, I have taught Gateway to Technology. This is a STEM class and I teach grades 6-8. I love what I teach, because it is project-based learning. I don't like to do a lot of paper/pencil assignments. We do projects and activities to test the mind.
Exciting news though: I get to teach a section of Mathematics this year for 8th grade!!! I was suppose to get a shot last year, but I ended up doing 6th grade intramurals instead. So, I am going to be using my love of project-based learning to create a fun environment for my math students.
Here is some more history on me:
* 2001-2005: attended Northern Oklahoma College in Tonkawa, OK; received an Associates in Physical Education with an emphasis in Athletic Traning.
* Changed majors, because I met my husband and realized I wanted to be home more than away. Math always came easy to me, so I changed to education and was going to be a math teacher.
*2004: Got married and started at Oklahoma State University. Didn't make it though, because I had a hard time adjusting to being married and studying.
*2005: Started at the University Learning Center in Ponca City, OK to get my degree in Elementary Education from Northwestern Oklahoma State University in Alva, OK. I did this via ITV!!! My plan was to take my mathematics certification, so I could teach up. This was the only degree I could get that was close and I learned so much from doing elementary on integration and modifications for students.
2007: Graduated from Northwestern in December and started a home daycare, so I could be with my son and soon to be daughter (was due in May).
2009: First teaching job at Blackwell, OK. I am still here going strong...
No comments:
Post a Comment